Do you use the E-Verity program in your workplace? If you do, then you need to update the mandatory poster in your workplace. Recently, the federal E-Verify Participation poster has been changed by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services agency (USCIS). The following information has been shared by ePlace Solutions, Inc.
Who must post the E-Verify Participation poster?
The following employers are required to post the E-Verify Participation poster:
- All federal contractors
- All employers in states that require the use of the federal E-Verify program
- All employers that voluntarily participate in the federal E-Verify program.
Where should it be posted?
In a conspicuous location in the workplace.
There were several changes made to the E-Verify Participation poster:
- The poster layout was redesigned
- The language was revised to make information more clear and understandable.
- The English and Spanish versions are combined on one post
How do I get the poster?
The USCIS has only a sample poster available on its website. Employers can only download the official E-Verify Participation poster by logging into the E-Verify program.
All affected employers should update the E-Verify Participation poster immediately. As sample poster is available here.
This article was written by Laurian Rutterbush on the ePlace Solutions, Inc. blog.